Monday, April 5, 2010

God is sooo amazing!

I am praising the Lord with my whole heart! God is truly amazing and I just love how I see Him working in my life at times. I serve on the Bereavement committee at Women & Children's, so today we had our monthly meeting. I must say, it was very difficult for me to crawl out of bed this morning, but I had to be there because Kelly (the Chair of the committee) had called me last week to confirm I would be there and I don't like to let anyone down. Can I just say today was the BEST meeting I think I've ever had while serving on this committee, which has been a total of 4 years and I even served as the Chair last year. For starters, Kelly reported at the start of the meeting that her and co-worker started an infertility support group! I thought I was going to fill up the room with tears and excitement. I had been searching for a support group and I can't remember if I shared with you all or not, that I had asked my OB/GYN about a support group in our area and he told me, that would be one place he wouldn't wanna go! So, I had been reading some discussion boards, etc on the internet, but didn't join any because my OB/GN also told me to watch out for predators on those types of websites. Kelly shared with me rather briefly that she dealt with infertility for 5 years (she has a son now) but again, I tell you that infertility is much more common than I ever even knew. She also told me the other lady facilitating the support group with her is named Lori and she has PCOS and has done some research in that field and would also eventually like to start a PCOS support group. Lori is obtaining her PhD in Clinical Psychology and will be finished this month. Kelly gave me Lori's email and phone number which I have called her and sent her an email and I am more than ecstatic to talk to her and find out about her story with PCOS. After the bereavement meeting, the Chaplain at my hospital, Kelly and one of my coworkers stayed over and we talked for almost a half hour about my story and specifically my struggle with my physician and my frustration with what happened in regards to the insemination. Speaking with them was highly therapeutic for me and I just feel that God placed us all there for a reason and for that, I thank Him! Kelly also gave me two books, "Song of Infertility" and "Conquering Infertility: A guide for couples" I can't wait to start reading them and I will share with you all too. She also told me about two websites, one called resolve.org (TOTALLY SHOULD GO TO IT) and the other is asrm.org (which is the American Society of Reproductive Medicine). I have spent about 2 hours on both of these websites and I am overwhelmed with all the information I have obtained. The resolve website is awesome, they have support groups on there which are through the ASRM and they also have resources for friends and family of those who have friends/family facing infertility. One article I would like to share with you from the asrm.org is http://asrm.org/news/article.aspx?id=2171
and one from resolve I would like to share is http://www.resolve.org/site/PageServer?pagename=lrn_ffaf_ie

I hope you will find a quick minute to read these. I just feel that God is working in my life and I feel closer to Him right now than I have in a while and for that, I am grateful. Speaking with them, really made me feel good and also got me thinking about some things.....I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment