Friday, April 16, 2010

I met a new friend

Today I met a new friend, I had lunch with a lady named "L" who is actually working on her PhD in Clinical Psychology. She has a huge interested in PCOS, infertility, and couples therapy. She has PCOS herself and I met her through a mutual friend, Kelly (who works at the Family Resource Center) and also L and Kelly are the ones that started the Infertility Support Group. I contacted L via email and by phone and we met up yesterday for lunch and talked for 2 hours!! We had so much in common with our struggles with PCOS. She really helped me in getting to speak with someone, and needless to say, it helped that she is a psychologist. She has done some work with the Reproductive Endocrinologist (RE) I am seeing this Friday and she had nothing but good things to say about him and it made me feel comfortable in my decision. We talked about struggling to lose weight and that most women with PCOS do. She said that most likely, what she saw the RE do, was to start women on Metformin and she has been on it herself for 4 years and she said she noticed a big difference when she started taking it. She talked to me about reframing my thoughts and not setting HUGE goals to reach, but instead take it pound by pound and be happy to say I've lost 9 pounds! Not, I've lost 9 but have 100 more to go! She is right, so this is something I am going to start working on. We talked about my depression and my being scared of taking something while trying to conceive, she kinda insisted that I need to speak with my physician about this and she also recommended fish oil. Fish oil has many benefits, but if it can help with my depression, its worth a try, so I went out and bought a bottle this evening and have already started taking it. All in all, L and I had a great lunch. I look forward to getting to know her even more and being comfortable with her to open up and share my feelings. I am hoping it works out that I will be able to attend the Infertility Support Group meeting on April 26th because I feel like it would be very beneficial for Jason and I.

"My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken." (Psalm 62:1-2)

No comments:

Post a Comment