Thursday, March 4, 2010

February 26th, a day I'll never forget....

Jason and I sat in the waiting room for an hour, anticipating what was ahead of us. We sat in my OB/GYN's office as Jason made me laugh, he's good at that when I am nervous. My OB?GYNstarted out with the facts and he told me he was about 100% sure that I am not ovulating on my own. He said that 40% of women with PCOS are successful with getting pregnant and that is if they do not have male infertility issues too, but in our case we have problems on both sides. He did not give me a statistic for that, and quite honestly, I am thankful for that. By being in the medical field and believing in God...I don't necessarily believe in those statistics. My OB/GYN told us that he was pretty confident that we would not be successful in getting pregnant on our own and that our option would be to do artificial insemination. I have started doing my research on all of this and we will go through intrauterine insemination (IUI). The plan right now is for us to wait until the second week of March to see if I will have a period, which the odds are that I will NOT have one. If I don't, I have to start a progesterone pill for 12 days and on day 3, I will start another pill called Clomid which will cause me to ovulate. On day 3, I also have to go in for an ultrasound to see if I am releasing eggs like I am suppose to. During this process, I will be going to the doctor's office about every other day and when the time is right, we will go through the insemination. My OB/GYN told us this was going to be a long and emotional journey, but I think we are ready....or as ready as we can be. We have been giving this to the Lord, and we are just thankful that we have an option. Now this is not to say, that I am not nervous, because I would be lying....Im a nervous wreck. I am asking for you to pray for us, my friends, pray for the medicines to work with my body, pray for the insemination to work, pray for this to be a successful journey. Thank you and we will keep this blog going!
I promise not all posts will be this long :)

1 comment:

  1. This is going to sound so weird because you have no idea who I am! I got to your blog from a friend of a friend! My husband and I had fertility issues that sound very similar to yours. We did the exact same process that you mentioned above...AND both of us had fertility issues. We were able to get pregnant with our first round of Clomid. Talk about a blessing!! I just wanted to hopefully give you some encouragment!! I know it can be a very, very long and difficult journey but the rewards are totally worth it!! We now have a 5 month old son and we are trying again!

    Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete