Jason and I were just at a point, financially, where things were starting to look better for us. We have gotten a lot of our debt paid off, with the exception of the obvious, our house and cars. I had picked up 2 extra jobs this past year, one-working as a nursing instructor for WVU Tech and the other-working at the Health Department. I really thought we would be expecting money back after filing our taxes this year, boy was I wrong! We owe $900 to the state and $1200 to federal! Talk about bad news and bad timing....I also had called my insurance company to find out what coverage we had for infertility. In my research that I've been doing, it said on average, a lot of insurance companies have a $20,000 cap on infertility. Not my insurance!! We have a $1200 cap, yeah, you heard that right $1200. It doesn't take a genius to figure our that anything in the medical field, is very expensive and we know that $1200 will not take us very far. This is another obstacle thrown at us, on the road to pregnancy and as, 1 Peter 5:7 tells us, we will cast all our anxieties on Him, because He cares for us. Unfortunately, I think money is an issue for almost everyone and I am not going to let it stop me from fulfilling one of my life's dreams to become a mother. I just ask that you all continue to pray for us, in now another specific area, and that is financially.
On a more positive note....I completed my Day 2 workout for couch to 5K (C25K) yesterday! I am still enjoying it, but let me tell you I looked ahead at next weeks workout, and I'm starting to get a little nervous! After reading my blog, my best friend Sarah decided that she wanted to do C25K with me, so she started it as well. Unfortunately, we do not get to do our workouts together, because she lives in Pittsburgh, but it still is nice to have someone to call and talk about the challenge. I am praying that both of us will be successful on this challenge and maybe even be able to sign up for a 5K race to run together.
Yesterday was Jason's birthday and we went to Pittsburgh for the evening and spent most of the day there today, we of course ate out for all meals, so I am not sure how well I'm going to be on my dieting this week, but I'm going to get my butt back in gear tomorrow!!
Thanks again for all of your love, support, and prayers. Until next time, God bless........
as for our running challenge, I've just been faced with another one... RAIN! Not quite sure how this is going to work. I might just have to give in and run in the rain.
ReplyDeleteAlways praying for you. Love you
Aww Sarah...hang in there! I know you can do it, rain or shine. Maybe you could look for a treadmill at yard sales or something : ) I cant thank you enough for doing this with me. Love you!!!
ReplyDelete