A young married couple who want nothing more in this world than to have a baby.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Let me catch you up...
To catch you up on "our story". My story starts when I was 12....I suffered through really bad menstrual periods. I had to be seen by my OB/GYN at the age of 13 because of it. At that time, I was told that I would have a difficult time getting pregnant, that there was a possibility I had endometriosis, and they encouraged me to start birth control to help regulate my cycles as well as help with the symptoms. I can remember the horrible pain that I felt while on my period and having to lay on my stomach on top of a flat back massager and tears rolling down my face, Im sure my mom remembers this all to well also. Because of my age, I did not start on birth control as recommended and also, at that age, pregnancy was not even something I was worried about. Now 14 years later, it is worrying me. I battled with painful menstrual periods until college. In college, I was faced with another issue and that was stage 3 cervical dysplasia. I had to go through 2 colposcopies, 1 cryosurgery, and 1 LEEP procedure to get rid of the dysplasia. It seems as if after those treatments, my periods were never the same. It was not unusual for me to have 3 periods for an entire year. I then decided to start birth control to help with regularity and it did. Now, that I have been married for 3 years, we are ready to start a family. Being a nurse, I decided to practice medicine and control my own medications, haha....I stopped my birth control to see if I would have a period and, I didnt. We all know you have to have a period and ovulate in order to have a baby. I talked to my nurse midwife who started me on Provera, which is a medication that makes you have a period and it did. YAY, right? Wrong! I have now found out, that I am not ovulating. Because of the speciality of all this, my midwife said I needed to see a doctor- OB/GYN because I would have to have lab work and frequent monitoring and she can not do or order those things. So I had my first consultation with my OB/GYN on October 12, 2009 and he diagnosed me with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or PCOS. He ordered me to have lab work done and they actually all came back normal. He then said we would have to have Jason do a semen analysis to see if there were any issues there. Even though he was embarrassed, Jason went through with the analysis and it showed that he had abnormal morphology and low motility, so these were not going to mix well with my "issues". We then went on to see a male infertility specialist in January and after a VERY complete physical assessment, he diagnosed Jason with a prostate infection, which he said could have affected his semen analysis, so he started him on an antibiotic for a month along with an order to do another analysis in a month. Bringing me up to date, as of February 22nd Jason's morphology was now normal but the motility is even lower. It has been explained to us that basically, his sperm just doesn't go anywhere or where it needs to go and also there is nothing they can do to increase motility. So back to my OB/GYN we went on February 26th.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment